ELBA ISLAND: A RIDE TO THE TUSCAN ARCHIPELAGO
The Island of Elba is located a few kilometers from the coast and is part of the Tuscan Archipelago National Park.
Here are some details taken from Wikipedia:
- it is the largest of the islands of the Tuscan Archipelago;
- the terrain is very varied, and divided into several parts according to its conformation and the geological era in which it was formed;
- the climate has predominantly Mediterranean characteristics, with the exception of Mount Capanne where winters tend to be moderately cold. Precipitation is concentrated in the autumn period and appears to be quite contained. The most frequent wind is the sirocco characterized by a high humidity level;
- the most widespread plant formation is the Mediterranean maquis;
- rich in iron deposits, the island of Elba made the rise of the Etruscan civilization possible;
- rich in beaches and cliffs, the island of Elba offers a wide choice for scuba diving, ranging from accessible dives to beginners to the most demanding ones.