FLORENCE: PERFUME OF HISTORY AND CULTURE
Being at Camping Bocca di Cecina and not visiting Florence would be a shame! In just over an hour’s drive you can be with your eyes turned to the sky to admire the works of this beautiful city known all over the world.
Here are some trivia from Wikipedia:
- in the poetic language also called Fiorenza, the capital of Tuscany;
- important university center and UNESCO World Heritage Site, it is considered a place of origin of the Renaissance;
- is universally recognized as one of the cradles of art and architecture, as well as renowned as one of the most beautiful cities in the world, thanks to its numerous monuments and museums – including the Duomo, Santa Croce, the Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Lordship and Palazzo Pitti;
- Florence is in a scenic position, in the middle of a large amphitheater basin;
- the city is everywhere characterized by that extraordinary literary, artistic and scientific development that took place in the XIV-XVI century;
- with its artists, thinkers, writers, scientists of world renown (just think of Leonardo da Vinci who here created his masterpieces such as the Gioconda, Michelangelo, Raphael, Sandro Botticelli, Niccolò Machiavelli, Filippo Brunelleschi, Galileo among many) ;
- It is served by the Amerigo Vespucci Airport;
- the number of overnight stays (total number of overnight stays) in the total hotel and hotel extras reach almost 10 million a year, placing the city as one of the most visited.
HOW TO GET
EVENTS IN FLORENCE
All events directly from the Tourism page of the City of Florence.